Because she has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learning disabilities, and other comorbid conditions, I’m always on the lookout for interesting fidget toys for ADHD, or “fidgets” that will boost my daughter Natalie’s focus at school. However, not every fidget works. Good fidgets are:
- Silent: Your child won’t get shushed for disturbing the class.
- Unobtrusive: Children with ADHD don’t want to draw attention to themselves; fidgets should fit in a fist.
- Tactile (not vision): Fidgets shouldn’t draw restless eyes away from the teacher.
- Safe:Children can choke on small objects; some stretchy fidgets can sting when they snap.
- Tools, not toys: Balls shouldn’t bounce, for instance — too distracting.
- Inexpensive: They’re likely to be lost (like their lunch bags).
- Teacher-approved:Before you send in any new items, make sure to consult your teacher.
[Free Download: The Secret Power of Fidgets]
Natalie will love the following three fidgets:
- Sand-filled balloon.Make this fidget. Place one small balloon in another and fill the balloon with sand through a funnel.
[Fun (and Functional) Fidgets]
paw patrol characters, paw patrol toys, im standing on a million lives, cocomelon toys, blaze and the monster machines, beyblade burst, lego city, paw patrol marshall, skye paw patrol, razor scooter electric, voldemort actor, lego mandalorian, walmart power wheels, scissor seven, lego pokemon, jenny mod minecraft, lego duplo, zuma paw patrol, beyblade burst surge, LEGO Minecraft Black Friday deals, who made minecraft, star wars movies in chronological order, harry potter legos, beyblade launcher, Best fidget toys to relieve stress, Lego star wars retiring sets, best beyblade stadium, paw patrol names, lego star wars game, im standing on a million lives, best toys for 3 year olds, lego darth vader, tusken raider face, lego roller coaster, walmart kids toys, Why Paw Patrol Was Right To Recast Mayor Goodway, Biggest lego minecraft sets, best beyblade launcher, lego city, best fidget toys adhd,